Mold Growth after water damage
This Portsmouth home discovered extensive mold growth in their home, thanks to a water loss that went undetected for several weeks. Each moment that passes puts homes at risk for mold infestations, especially if they are older homes that may need repairs.
SERVPRO of Portsmouth worked around the clock for the homeowner to remediate the problem, so that business could be restored as quickly and seamlessly as possible.
If You See Visible Mold
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Portsmouth for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Portsmouth specializes in mold cleanup and restoration, in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our crews are highly trained restoration professionals that use specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem quickly and safely.